I’m afraid I’m getting tired of listening to him. It’s like a cracked record for those of you old enough to understand me.smbmetal wrote: ↑Sun Oct 04, 2026 9:22 pmInteresting post-game feedback from Fox or a ‘cut and paste’ from previous interviews?
No Monday off for me if I was coach. Everyone in.
https://www.eliteleague.co.uk/article/5 ... nt-weekend
GAME THREAD: Flyers v Steelers : Sun 4th : League
Moderator: Mods
- Bryan
- Veteran

- Posts: 1570
- Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:23 pm
- Has Liked: 353 times
- Been Liked: 205 times
- MLL79
- Draft Pick

- Posts: 207
- Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2025 11:56 am
- Has Liked: 254 times
- Been Liked: 40 times
Worryingly on the website interview article Fox mentions Whistle is out long term, and he also notes 2 d men playing through significant injuries.
Just thinking with Dowd (though it’s unclear when/how long) and Whistle out, where does that leave us in terms of starting lineup - does that force the hand in terms of netminder choice?
Feel bad not knowing this, but didn’t we pen 2 other guys on 2 way contracts?
Just thinking with Dowd (though it’s unclear when/how long) and Whistle out, where does that leave us in terms of starting lineup - does that force the hand in terms of netminder choice?
Feel bad not knowing this, but didn’t we pen 2 other guys on 2 way contracts?
- Brian
- Pro Player

- Posts: 447
- Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:28 pm
- Has Liked: 114 times
- Been Liked: 164 times
Although Foxy keeps saying it I am not sure what he specifically means by , “outworked”. I don't see players skating around lethargically or unwilling to go for the puck. I do see a lack of technique in many areas, poor passing, poor shooting, losing faceoffs, bad stick management leading to turnovers and errors in defensive positioning leading to opposition breakaways and one on ones. How is he preparing to remedy these by increasing work rate ?
If Tait skates any faster he will be going through entrance B !
Foxy is puzzling me. Is he saying some players are not trying ? These are professional sportsmen , thats a pretty strong accusation if you ask me.
If players not buying into the games is really the main problem then he should be remedying this very quickly by removing them.
If Tait skates any faster he will be going through entrance B !
Foxy is puzzling me. Is he saying some players are not trying ? These are professional sportsmen , thats a pretty strong accusation if you ask me.
If players not buying into the games is really the main problem then he should be remedying this very quickly by removing them.
Initially I thought this team had potential, and in some ways still do. I think we are trying hard, or maybe even too hard. I have thought this, and said so, in previous seasons. To me it feels like players are recruited for their specific characteristics and skills which seems ok for the first few games but then Fox pushes his systems which takes players away from their natural style forcing them to be something they're not. It feels like their natural style is being forced out of them. What is happening now feels like history repeating itself. Credit to Fife as they found a way to beat us twice in quick succession and I actually liked their raw style more than ours of attempted finesse that was ultimately less effective. Of course, Fife had the worse travelling involved over the weekend too. Ok we managed to get two points, but we also managed to lose two which could proved costly at the end of the season. Well done Fife on the back to back wins
- bladerunner
- Lurker

- Posts: 14
- Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2024 10:02 am
- Has Liked: 10 times
- Been Liked: 8 times
I think we have to say as many have in this and last night thread Fife played with heart and desire to win something hugely lacking in the Steelers dressing room.
I agree that tickets sales will drop as we head towards Christmas if the standard AND entertainment on the ice doesn't improve. I specifically say this as I don't expect a win every night. The play looks soft and the commitment from many players seems not to be there. The hard grind and 50/50 puck wins are missing.
Greener keeps us in the game for a lot of the time but I am sure he will be getting fed up with all the effort he is making without any help from those in front of him.
Change needs to happen and quickly.......
I agree that tickets sales will drop as we head towards Christmas if the standard AND entertainment on the ice doesn't improve. I specifically say this as I don't expect a win every night. The play looks soft and the commitment from many players seems not to be there. The hard grind and 50/50 puck wins are missing.
Greener keeps us in the game for a lot of the time but I am sure he will be getting fed up with all the effort he is making without any help from those in front of him.
Change needs to happen and quickly.......
- DSLSteeler
- Rookie

- Posts: 42
- Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2026 5:09 pm
- Has Liked: 24 times
- Been Liked: 11 times
Its an interesting point about the team not appearing to have the heart or desire to win. Personally I don't think its that - nobody is failing to put a shift in but the soft underbelly appears to be there. But the question is valid, does it hurt them enough when they lose? - do they care enough?
To me, when compared to football for example, a team carries a squad of 20 odd players but only 11 can play, plus a bunch of subs. If you are not cutting the mustard, you can be dropped.
In ice hockey, apart from one who is benched depending on import quotas and who is between the sticks, they all know they are playing every night. And Fox doesn't strike me as a tub thumper type who will tear them off a strip when needed. So does it bother them?
To me, when compared to football for example, a team carries a squad of 20 odd players but only 11 can play, plus a bunch of subs. If you are not cutting the mustard, you can be dropped.
In ice hockey, apart from one who is benched depending on import quotas and who is between the sticks, they all know they are playing every night. And Fox doesn't strike me as a tub thumper type who will tear them off a strip when needed. So does it bother them?

