GAME THREAD: Flyers v Steelers : Sun 4th : League

The main chat area for hockey related discussion

Moderator: Mods

User avatar
Bryan
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1570
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:23 pm
Has Liked: 353 times
Been Liked: 205 times

I agree with Jay. We need to widen things out from just the quality of hockey here. We are all terribly disappointed with that this season. Remember though we are paying a huge amount more this year. Add to that the really poor conditions in the arena. For those of us who are season ticket holders we have lost a quite agreeable lounge where we all used to meet and have pre-game refreshment. We even got the deputy coach to address us most weeks. That has totally gone and has been replaced with a dungeon without seats or facilities. Of course we all paid for our season tickets before this was known and even then it was absurdly disguised by Simms. Now the arena sound system is just awful. Last night I couldn’t understand a word Simms uttered. On reflection perhaps this is an improvement!. The whole package is hugely more expensive for far less. How long before the business side of things starts to worry as the crowds drop?
User avatar
kivo1889
Draft Pick
Draft Pick
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:02 pm
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 10 times

The last time fife beat us home and away was Thommo's last season when Barrasso was hired to salvage the campaign (2017/18?). So I hope we're not in for a 50% win/lose team like that, what with it being the definition of mediocre. But I'm not very hopeful right now.

Fife are a much improved side though so give them credit where it's due. Looks like Dundee are the new Fife :D
User avatar
Jayboy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2685
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:43 am
Location: Chesterfield
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 736 times
Contact:

In the past ive been accused, mainly by outside the forum Simms sycophants... of leading a campaign to remove our coach... Thompson..
Nothing could be further from the truth this time.. I am more guilty this time of sitting on the fence for so long I now have splinters in my arse!!
But now I have to say I am firmly on the side of the fence that wants coach Aaron Fox to move on and do it quickly... in the past I would have loved to see Fox given time and prove everyone of his detractors wrong and turn the team around..
I honestly think Tony should have the big behind closed doors discussion with Fox tomorrow morning!

Jayboy

Image
User avatar
Rendo
Pro Player
Pro Player
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:42 pm
Has Liked: 148 times
Been Liked: 72 times

A change will happen for sure but unfortunately it will be someone like Vallerand at a guess. We dont seem to be able to attract the right guys like the others do. As someone said further up, it seems we have a team of journey men. Pull your fingers out boys or clear off home is what id be telling them as this is not good enough. Anyone know where Gerrad Adams is? Asking for a friend.
User avatar
Rendo
Pro Player
Pro Player
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:42 pm
Has Liked: 148 times
Been Liked: 72 times

Jayboy wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 04, 2026 8:29 pm
In the past ive been accused, mainly by outside the forum Simms sycophants... of leading a campaign to remove our coach... Thompson..
Nothing could be further from the truth this time.. I am more guilty this time of sitting on the fence for so long I now have splinters in my arse!!
But now I have to say I am firmly on the side of the fence that wants coach Aaron Fox to move on and do it quickly... in the past I would have loved to see Fox given time and prove everyone of his detractors wrong and turn the team around..
I honestly think Tony should have the big behind closed doors discussion with Fox tomorrow morning!

Jayboy
Hasn't he signed up for 3 years?
Last edited by Rendo on Sun Oct 04, 2026 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Doom
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1802
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:18 am
Has Liked: 158 times
Been Liked: 978 times

Fife are undoubtedly an improved team, but they're the sort of team we should be beating if we're serious about challenging for a championship.

They've played two games in Belfast and lost 11 - 2 on aggregate. Our challenge this season was to overtake Belfast, but that looks a million miles off right now.

I've said all along that I think we've signed too many players who are on the downwards slope, but there's no doubting they were good players.

The early few games actually showed some promise and I hoped with a bit of practice we'd kick on. Instead it would appear the more coaching the players are getting, the worse we are becoming. Could it be that the players are struggling to adapt to Fox's systems?

If that is the case, does Fox persist hoping that they can adapt or is he better changing his style of play?

Regards

Doom
User avatar
Jayboy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2685
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:43 am
Location: Chesterfield
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 736 times
Contact:

Rendo wrote:
Jayboy wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 04, 2026 8:29 pm
In the past ive been accused, mainly by outside the forum Simms sycophants... of leading a campaign to remove our coach... Thompson..
Nothing could be further from the truth this time.. I am more guilty this time of sitting on the fence for so long I now have splinters in my arse!!
But now I have to say I am firmly on the side of the fence that wants coach Aaron Fox to move on and do it quickly... in the past I would have loved to see Fox given time and prove everyone of his detractors wrong and turn the team around..
I honestly think Tony should have the big behind closed doors discussion with Fox tomorrow morning!

Jayboy
Hasn't he signed up for 3 years?
Oh god I hope not... Image

Jayboy

Image
User avatar
smbmetal
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 2634
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:34 am
Been Liked: 726 times

I thought this was Fox’s 3rd year of the 3 year contract?

Bet Tim Wallace is having an extra refreshment tonight with a double over the Steelers.
User avatar
KCHC
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2026 11:18 pm
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Serious question - if not Fox, then who replaces him and why will they be the right person? Genuine question as I don't know enough about potentially available Coaches.
User avatar
smbmetal
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 2634
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:34 am
Been Liked: 726 times

Interesting post-game feedback from Fox or a ‘cut and paste’ from previous interviews?

No Monday off for me if I was coach. Everyone in.

https://www.eliteleague.co.uk/article/5 ... nt-weekend
Post Reply