Return Of The Iceline
Moderator: Mods
- paul johnston
- Veteran

- Posts: 943
- Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:51 pm
- Has Liked: 771 times
- Been Liked: 309 times
The problem is these two guys are too close to the organisation. They are not going to say it as it is.
- Clear The Zone
- Draft Pick

- Posts: 101
- Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2026 11:09 pm
- Has Liked: 7 times
- Been Liked: 47 times
Honestly I don't know what some of you were expecting. They are hardly likely to be sticking the boot in, are they?
- Doom
- Veteran

- Posts: 1802
- Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:18 am
- Has Liked: 158 times
- Been Liked: 978 times
I don't expect them to put the boot in, but I don't just want to listen to cheerleading of all that's good.
A bit of balance between the two would be better.
Saturday night was an adequate performance sandwiched between two poor performances. I say adequate, because we were playing a Cardiff team missing 3 players having also played the night before.
The penalty kill looks good again, but the faceoffs are poor again.
There's good and bad to date, I'd like to see them focus on both.
A good show though and great to have it back. I look forward to them having a few guests in the future.
Regards
Doom
A bit of balance between the two would be better.
Saturday night was an adequate performance sandwiched between two poor performances. I say adequate, because we were playing a Cardiff team missing 3 players having also played the night before.
The penalty kill looks good again, but the faceoffs are poor again.
There's good and bad to date, I'd like to see them focus on both.
A good show though and great to have it back. I look forward to them having a few guests in the future.
Regards
Doom
- Clear The Zone
- Draft Pick

- Posts: 101
- Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2026 11:09 pm
- Has Liked: 7 times
- Been Liked: 47 times
I think it was before Seth was on the scene, more likely to have been Bob Ballard perhaps?
- Doom
- Veteran

- Posts: 1802
- Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:18 am
- Has Liked: 158 times
- Been Liked: 978 times
I'd suggest it was Bob Ballard originally.
I think Seth took over around the GS season (2000/01), because I vaguely recall him getting some criticism for refusing to commentate during the bench clearance in Nottingham.
I phoned the Iceline in the first ISL season to stick up for the players who were receiving criticism from supporters. I think that was quite a long time before Seth got involved.
Regards
Doom
I think Seth took over around the GS season (2000/01), because I vaguely recall him getting some criticism for refusing to commentate during the bench clearance in Nottingham.
I phoned the Iceline in the first ISL season to stick up for the players who were receiving criticism from supporters. I think that was quite a long time before Seth got involved.
Regards
Doom
- MLL79
- Draft Pick

- Posts: 207
- Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2025 11:56 am
- Has Liked: 254 times
- Been Liked: 40 times
Yeah I remember it being Bob Ballard, he was the incumbent commentator for everything pre Seth Bennett.
Used to do all the commentary on the season review vids and odd games they put out - “to hell with the devils” and “skinning the cat” are 2 vids I vividly remember as a kid lol
Used to do all the commentary on the season review vids and odd games they put out - “to hell with the devils” and “skinning the cat” are 2 vids I vividly remember as a kid lol
- mark
- Site Admin

- Posts: 3851
- Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:05 pm
- Has Liked: 50 times
- Been Liked: 495 times
I'd forgotten Bob Ballard, my point was that the iceline was a success when hosted by someone who was a little more independent and could ask the awkward questions if needed, without that it's just another Steelers podcast.
- paul johnston
- Veteran

- Posts: 943
- Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:51 pm
- Has Liked: 771 times
- Been Liked: 309 times
Why would they have to put the boot in, not exactly playing like the Flyers of last season are they?Clear The Zone wrote: ↑Wed Sep 30, 2026 10:43 pmHonestly I don't know what some of you were expecting. They are hardly likely to be sticking the boot in, are they?
A balanced, accurate take on what's been in front of them is all one would ask for.
- Clear The Zone
- Draft Pick

- Posts: 101
- Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2026 11:09 pm
- Has Liked: 7 times
- Been Liked: 47 times
The thing is we've played 7 competitive games, only lost 2 of them (better record than Nottingham and Cardiff), and are top of our CC group so a "balanced accurate take" is we're doing pretty well, which was broadly the vibe of the podcast. They did touch on coughing up goals to turnovers, to be fair.paul johnston wrote: ↑Thu Oct 01, 2026 10:23 pmWhy would they have to put the boot in, not exactly playing like the Flyers of last season are they?Clear The Zone wrote: ↑Wed Sep 30, 2026 10:43 pmHonestly I don't know what some of you were expecting. They are hardly likely to be sticking the boot in, are they?
A balanced, accurate take on what's been in front of them is all one would ask for.
Obviously if anyone was tuning in expect to hear any of the forum catchphrases like "boring Fox hockey" and immediate handwringing that we've lost a couple of games they will be disappointed.
What will be an interesting topic to message in with, once we've got enough gamesheet attendance figures to know, is whether or not attendances are down compared to last year.