Fan survey

The main chat area for hockey related discussion

Moderator: Mods

Post Reply
User avatar
Brian
Pro Player
Pro Player
Posts: 447
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:28 pm
Has Liked: 114 times
Been Liked: 164 times

Just had an e mail fan survey from the Steelers. They want to know what car I have and am I planning to buy another , if so new or leased. Whats that got to do with the Steelers ? ( I can guess ).
User avatar
steeler pete
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 642
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:41 am
Has Liked: 107 times
Been Liked: 121 times

I got that. It's not about Steelers or Ice Hockey its about Motorpoint and how they can incentivise fans to buy from them.

I wouldn't be surprised if other clubs have had something similar as the said company are league sponsors.

I was disappointed with this as it was a misrepresentation. The introduction led you to believe you were being asked about the Steelers or Ice Hockey and it was nothing of the sort.

I think Mr Smith should give his head a wobble if he thinks this is fair use of the email addresses we give the club in good faith.
User avatar
Jayboy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2685
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:43 am
Location: Chesterfield
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 736 times
Contact:

I just binned it.... complete waste of my time.... :peek:
Image
User avatar
Brian
Pro Player
Pro Player
Posts: 447
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:28 pm
Has Liked: 114 times
Been Liked: 164 times

Thought it might be a chance to air my views on the new Season Ticket “ lounge”, but no, its about moneytising.
User avatar
Jayboy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2685
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:43 am
Location: Chesterfield
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 736 times
Contact:

Brian wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 16, 2026 3:50 pm
Thought it might be a chance to air my views on the new Season Ticket “ lounge”, but no, its about moneytising.
I was actually ready to let rip on a whole host of issues if they arose... Thankfully (probably) it wasn't a Steelers.org customer satisfaction Survey.. it was nothing more than a Clickbait Slugging Survey...

I dont recall giving my permission for Spamming emails to be sent to me personally direct from the sheffieldsteelers.co.uk email account... :evil:
Image
User avatar
Clear The Zone
Draft Pick
Draft Pick
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2026 11:09 pm
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Jayboy wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 16, 2026 7:17 pm
I dont recall giving my permission for Spamming emails to be sent to me personally direct from the sheffieldsteelers.co.uk email account... :evil:
Pretty sure the club needs your explicit consent to send marketing emails like this under GDPR regs.
User avatar
mark
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3851
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:05 pm
Has Liked: 50 times
Been Liked: 495 times

I presume consent will be buried somewhere in the T's & C's for signing up to the Steelers Hub/Ticketmaster/Arena or some other system allowing them to use those details for marketing purposes, hardly anyone reads those thoroughly.
User avatar
Clear The Zone
Draft Pick
Draft Pick
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2026 11:09 pm
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Under GDPR / DPA2018 you always have the right to opt out of that sort of stuff at any time though.
User avatar
mark
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3851
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:05 pm
Has Liked: 50 times
Been Liked: 495 times

Clear The Zone wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 17, 2026 1:35 pm
Under GDPR / DPA2018 you always have the right to opt out of that sort of stuff at any time though.
Agreed but how many don't read the information and just click on agree ?
User avatar
Jayboy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2685
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:43 am
Location: Chesterfield
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 736 times
Contact:

I guarantee... I am not the target audience for Motorpoint....
I dont have the disposable income to buy a car from them or anyone else anyway... :sad:
Image
Post Reply