GAME THREAD. Steelers v Dundee. Sun 28th.

The main chat area for hockey related discussion

Moderator: Mods

User avatar
Bryan
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1570
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:23 pm
Has Liked: 353 times
Been Liked: 205 times

Can anyone explain the delay of game pen of Carr? All I saw was that he caught the puck behind the goal and ran round it.
User avatar
Nathan
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1019
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:59 pm
Has Liked: 563 times
Been Liked: 176 times

Bryan wrote: ↑
Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:43 pm
Can anyone explain the delay of game pen of Carr? All I saw was that he caught the puck behind the goal and ran round it.
Can't freeze the puck behind the goal line. He can play it in the trapezoidal space but that's all.

That's my understanding of it anyway.
User avatar
Bryan
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1570
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:23 pm
Has Liked: 353 times
Been Liked: 205 times

Ah thank you. Probably new brought in with the trapezium?
User avatar
ginger
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:24 pm
Has Liked: 136 times
Been Liked: 379 times

Nathan wrote: ↑
Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:53 pm
Bryan wrote: ↑
Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:43 pm
Can anyone explain the delay of game pen of Carr? All I saw was that he caught the puck behind the goal and ran round it.
Can't freeze the puck behind the goal line. He can play it in the trapezoidal space but that's all.

That's my understanding of it anyway.
Yeah it's been in for quite a long time - at one point I think you actually had to have some body part in the crease to be able to freeze it.

It's just a very rare occurrence! I've only seen maybe 2 of these called in about 30 years
User avatar
Joesteeler
Draft Pick
Draft Pick
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:02 pm
Has Liked: 36 times
Been Liked: 65 times

ginger wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:49 pm
Nathan wrote: ↑
Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:53 pm
Bryan wrote: ↑
Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:43 pm
Can anyone explain the delay of game pen of Carr? All I saw was that he caught the puck behind the goal and ran round it.
Can't freeze the puck behind the goal line. He can play it in the trapezoidal space but that's all.

That's my understanding of it anyway.
Yeah it's been in for quite a long time - at one point I think you actually had to have some body part in the crease to be able to freeze it.

It's just a very rare occurrence! I've only seen maybe 2 of these called in about 30 years
The last time I can remember *remotely* like this is when Jody Lehman came flying out and covered above the hash marks and got a penalty
User avatar
ginger
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:24 pm
Has Liked: 136 times
Been Liked: 379 times

Joesteeler wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:08 pm
ginger wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:49 pm
Nathan wrote: ↑
Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:53 pm
Bryan wrote: ↑
Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:43 pm
Can anyone explain the delay of game pen of Carr? All I saw was that he caught the puck behind the goal and ran round it.
Can't freeze the puck behind the goal line. He can play it in the trapezoidal space but that's all.

That's my understanding of it anyway.
Yeah it's been in for quite a long time - at one point I think you actually had to have some body part in the crease to be able to freeze it.

It's just a very rare occurrence! I've only seen maybe 2 of these called in about 30 years
The last time I can remember *remotely* like this is when Jody Lehman came flying out and covered above the hash marks and got a penalty
Yeah, again I've only ever seen a handful of those happen.

There's a huge number of rules that cover very rare situations. Plus a lot of rules are written differently from peoples general understanding (charging being a great example).
User avatar
greeny
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 987
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:09 pm
Has Liked: 94 times
Been Liked: 152 times

Game On

Ye one of those rare occurrences that happen now and then
User avatar
mark
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3851
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:05 pm
Has Liked: 50 times
Been Liked: 495 times

User avatar
smbmetal
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 2634
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:34 am
Been Liked: 726 times

mark wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:26 pm
Highlights https://youtu.be/2O3Xo8Eyz-I?si=Rozxd3iWwScOoFX1
Thought they might have included the Carr penalty with it being relatively rare to see.
Post Reply