GAME THREAD: Steelers v Devils: Sat 26th : CUP

The main chat area for hockey related discussion

Moderator: Mods

User avatar
mark
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3851
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:05 pm
Has Liked: 50 times
Been Liked: 495 times

End P2

Steelers 2-1 Devils
User avatar
steeler pete
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 642
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:41 am
Has Liked: 107 times
Been Liked: 121 times

We were the better team in that period.

What a great pass from 63 to 92 for that goal.
User avatar
paul johnston
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 943
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:51 pm
Has Liked: 771 times
Been Liked: 309 times

Raise the skating pace/intensity and physicality-look what happens. Surprising eh?
User avatar
smbmetal
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 2634
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:34 am
Been Liked: 726 times

I remember when games against the Devils used to be exciting.

Not this one.
User avatar
rnewbolt1
Draft Pick
Draft Pick
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:40 pm
Location: Sheffield
Has Liked: 10 times
Been Liked: 20 times
Contact:

smbmetal wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 26, 2026 8:35 pm
I remember when games against the Devils used to be exciting.

Not this one.
perhaps its just me but none of the games seem exciting anymore :sad:
[*]Robert
User avatar
mark
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3851
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:05 pm
Has Liked: 50 times
Been Liked: 495 times

GOAAAAALLLLLL STEELERS

3-1 ENG

Macoy Erkamps
59:48
EN
User avatar
mark
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3851
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:05 pm
Has Liked: 50 times
Been Liked: 495 times

Result

Steelers 3-1 Devils
User avatar
Nathan
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1019
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:59 pm
Has Liked: 563 times
Been Liked: 176 times

Decent game tbf. Not a classic but...

Hockey aside that PA system is starting to make me feel ill.
User avatar
smbmetal
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 2634
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:34 am
Been Liked: 726 times

I must admit, if I’d realised Cardiff were missing 4 players, I would not have predicted a Cardiff win. Perhaps Thompson’s 57 game pre-season has already caught up with them?

A hard un-entertaining watch for me, but a deserved win for the Steelers.

A Saturday night crowd of around 7,300, would suggest interest might be fading slightly on the average of 8,000+ of last season.

It’s likely to be a while before I next watch a game. Belfast could be the next one looking at the fixtures, although I might try the Storm stream when we play at their arena.

I’m afraid our stream without Ron Shudra has gone backwards in terms of value for money. Maybe we’ll hear him at the home Belfast game. Cole seems to have started well under Keefe.

I still don’t see what our supposed premier signing of Gettinger brings? He’s amassed a grand total of 1 point in 6 games.

Hoping I see lots improvement by the time I watch my next game in around a month’s time. I’ve certainly not enjoyed any game I’ve watched so far. Way too bland for me.
User avatar
ekt
Draft Pick
Draft Pick
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:17 am
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 37 times

rnewbolt1 wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 26, 2026 8:41 pm
smbmetal wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 26, 2026 8:35 pm
I remember when games against the Devils used to be exciting.

Not this one.
perhaps its just me but none of the games seem exciting anymore :sad:
It's not just you.
Post Reply