What's the chances of it being ex Cardiff player Cedric Lacroix?
Listed as a C/LW/D. He's a lower end forward & can play D.
Rumours 26/27
Moderator: Mods
- Al Murrays Hairbrush
- Draft Pick

- Posts: 94
- Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:19 pm
- Has Liked: 36 times
- Been Liked: 28 times
- NinjaBreadMark
- Draft Pick

- Posts: 158
- Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:40 am
- Location: Sheffield
- Has Liked: 26 times
- Been Liked: 23 times
- giantglenn
- New User

- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2025 1:07 pm
Bad news from the Giants this morning with the news that Peter Bates is most likely done for the season, played in 1 competitive game and apparently took a skate blade injury that has ruled him out as he needs surgery.
Giants currently without Kawaguchi who hasn't played since Herlev exhibition game, and Josh Roach hasn't featured at all this season with rumours of visa issues though apparently is due to return.
Keefe in the market for a replacement for Bates but doesn't expect to find a player with similar qualities at this stage of the season but says there is no rush, hopefully there is a player who maybe hasn't settled in Europe or someone in North America maybe cut from a team through camps and wants to try Europe.
Giants currently without Kawaguchi who hasn't played since Herlev exhibition game, and Josh Roach hasn't featured at all this season with rumours of visa issues though apparently is due to return.
Keefe in the market for a replacement for Bates but doesn't expect to find a player with similar qualities at this stage of the season but says there is no rush, hopefully there is a player who maybe hasn't settled in Europe or someone in North America maybe cut from a team through camps and wants to try Europe.
- Doom
- Veteran

- Posts: 1802
- Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:18 am
- Has Liked: 158 times
- Been Liked: 978 times
That's a bit unlucky this early in the season, although I thought Roache was expected to be missing and you brought in an extra player to cover this (I've got you having 7 import d on the roster).
I suppose what works in your favour is your schedule. Even with a couple missing you should comfortably qualify for the CC semis and your league campaign doesn't start until well into October, so you have 2 or 3 weeks to get Kawaguchi fit and find a replacement for Bates.
I really rate Kawaguchi, so if it's longer term he would be a miss.
I've not seen Bates, but on paper he looked good. You've got to feel for any guy who travels over here to play and then suffers a season ending injury. Any skate blade injury sends a shiver down my spine after what I witnessed against Nottingham.
Regards
Doom
I suppose what works in your favour is your schedule. Even with a couple missing you should comfortably qualify for the CC semis and your league campaign doesn't start until well into October, so you have 2 or 3 weeks to get Kawaguchi fit and find a replacement for Bates.
I really rate Kawaguchi, so if it's longer term he would be a miss.
I've not seen Bates, but on paper he looked good. You've got to feel for any guy who travels over here to play and then suffers a season ending injury. Any skate blade injury sends a shiver down my spine after what I witnessed against Nottingham.
Regards
Doom
- mark
- Site Admin

- Posts: 3851
- Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:05 pm
- Has Liked: 50 times
- Been Liked: 495 times
While I have personal sympathy for the injured player I don't have any for the Giants as an organisation, they've got plenty of money and of course their usual extended preseason warm up of a weak challenge cup group means once again it's a problem that money can fix.