One for the OG fans, those of us who remember Ciro Citterio suits, B&B Press, and smoking on the concourse.
https://www.sheffieldsteelers.co.uk/bre ... e-is-back/
You can say what you like about Simms, but he's absolutely perfect for things like this. It looks to be a natural development of the post-game podcasts (that are usually good and worth a listen but not done regularly enough). This should be a great move by the club. I believe other clubs have been doing something similar in recent years too, so good not to be left behind.
Return Of The Iceline
Moderator: Mods
- Clear The Zone
- Draft Pick

- Posts: 101
- Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2026 11:09 pm
- Has Liked: 7 times
- Been Liked: 47 times
Very must a blast from the past indeed!
I remember ringing the Iceline trying to promote the newspaper stunt that we did against the Storm.
I think Simmsy and Fearnely will do a good job with it. I'll certainly be tuning in.
I remember taking 100's of newspaper sheets to the arena to put on the seats.
It's the only time, I've seen a team come out after us at the arena.
I remember ringing the Iceline trying to promote the newspaper stunt that we did against the Storm.
I think Simmsy and Fearnely will do a good job with it. I'll certainly be tuning in.
I remember taking 100's of newspaper sheets to the arena to put on the seats.
It's the only time, I've seen a team come out after us at the arena.
- MLL79
- Draft Pick

- Posts: 207
- Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2025 11:56 am
- Has Liked: 254 times
- Been Liked: 40 times
Defo brings back memories of good times. With lack of TV coverage etc it was the only time we heard the voices of the likes of Tim Cranston, Steve Nemeth, Ken P etc.
Would be great if they could get Rocket Ron helping present something like this.
Would be great if they could get Rocket Ron helping present something like this.
- Clear The Zone
- Draft Pick

- Posts: 101
- Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2026 11:09 pm
- Has Liked: 7 times
- Been Liked: 47 times
REMINDER: The first one of these is apparently on tonight at 7pm.
https://radioessentials.co.uk/schedule-2/
https://radioessentials.co.uk/schedule-2/
Not too bad for the first show/episode.
Whilst I understand both Simms & Fearnley need to be positive about the team. I’m afraid I don’t share their positivity.
In other news, for those that didn’t catch the episode, or haven’t had chance to listen to the podcast, an apology for the PA system was passed on and it’s being worked on.
I might message next week re whether or not we’ll hear Ron Shudra back in the stream.
Whilst I understand both Simms & Fearnley need to be positive about the team. I’m afraid I don’t share their positivity.
In other news, for those that didn’t catch the episode, or haven’t had chance to listen to the podcast, an apology for the PA system was passed on and it’s being worked on.
I might message next week re whether or not we’ll hear Ron Shudra back in the stream.
- southernsteeler
- Rookie

- Posts: 34
- Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:53 am
- Location: Wiltshire, UK
- Has Liked: 29 times
- Been Liked: 5 times
How can I listen to the podcast (i.e at other times)? I don't know where to find it....
- Doom
- Veteran

- Posts: 1802
- Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:18 am
- Has Liked: 158 times
- Been Liked: 978 times
I thought it was a bit too happy clappy.
The performance against Cardiff was bigged up, but the two away defeats were more or less glossed over as something that can easily be put right
I also had to chuckle at the caller who asked if Gettinger was injured. I knew exactly what the caller was getting at, because to date he's well short of expectations. Fearnley was desperately trying to find positives in his performances.
It was great to have it back, but I would like to hear them both call out poor performances for what they are.
Regards
Doom
- MLL79
- Draft Pick

- Posts: 207
- Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2025 11:56 am
- Has Liked: 254 times
- Been Liked: 40 times
Enjoyed that but agree with @Doom
I too struggled with all the positives against Cardiff, I say it through gritted teeth, but I struggled to enjoy that game generally.
Particularly enjoyed hearing the reminiscing, some great stories always come out.
One feature of “ye olde ice line” I hope they resurrect is to have a player or 2 (or 3!) on each show - maybe that will come as it gets a bit more established.
If you have an iPhone or iPad - easiest way I found to access was search Sheffield Essentials on Podcasts and it’s an episode therein.
Cheers
I too struggled with all the positives against Cardiff, I say it through gritted teeth, but I struggled to enjoy that game generally.
Particularly enjoyed hearing the reminiscing, some great stories always come out.
One feature of “ye olde ice line” I hope they resurrect is to have a player or 2 (or 3!) on each show - maybe that will come as it gets a bit more established.
If you have an iPhone or iPad - easiest way I found to access was search Sheffield Essentials on Podcasts and it’s an episode therein.
Cheers