GAME THREAD: Flyers v Steelers : Sun 4th : League

The main chat area for hockey related discussion

Moderator: Mods

User avatar
smbmetal
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 2634
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:34 am
Been Liked: 726 times

https://www.sheffieldsteelers.co.uk/tai ... g-forward/

All teams have had and will have issues with Power Plays. Even though ours does stink at the moment.

The biggest and it's a consistent concern from me under the whole of Fox's tenure, is he always talks about players 'buying in'. In fact the article quotes that directly......."If people don't buy in to what we want from them in certain situations, then there are other guys waiting for the opportunity".

I wonder if the coaching team struggle to articulate what they want from the players, as it's mentioned throughout most of the seasons under Fox.

Or have I just made it up :hey:

Highlights:

https://youtu.be/LgHC3tYLPVk?is=0yG675xilGPNm_0T
User avatar
lovedenisvial
Draft Pick
Draft Pick
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:53 pm
Been Liked: 29 times

A lot of comments on here about 'The team' not doing this and that and the coaching and systems not working! but no one's naming names or coming up with alternatives?? All football related comments are centred around who's not performing or what the system is doing to particular players and their game etc!
As a long time fan and supporter of the Steelers but with very little knowledge of the game itself, I watch and see players on the ice performing but loosing battles and pucks, giving away space and time to opponents! allowing opportunities in and around our net and wasting great situations in front of goal through bad passing, poor control of the puck, miss-communication and inaccurate shooting/finishing! but as to the actual culprits and inconsistent performances, I can't be as specific as to who these players are? Is it all of them? is it 1 particular player? or are they all to blame? Will a change of personal make any difference? I have recognised that two players who joined the club recently Collins and Gettinger don't seem to make the plays? stand out above others or have a big impact in games? both these players came with big reputations?
I want answers to these questions asap because the way we are consistently giving away points is very concerning.
We should be much better than we are!
Post Reply