If the Playoff weekend was the amazing event of the past I wouldn't mind paying for that whole package but our last experience was really disappointing.
The on ice events are undeniably a crowd pleaser and what it’s all about, but its what happens pre games, between game and post games. It the past there were a range of eating opportunities, stalls, games for both adults and kids, a real family feel.
Now its really just the on ice experience, which don't get me wrong, is the whole point but i can’t help feeling it could be a whole lot more, especially for families.
GAME THREAD: Playoff Game 2. Steelers v Storm. Sat 8th April. : 1900 Hrs
Moderator: Mods
- mark
- Site Admin

- Posts: 3852
- Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:05 pm
- Has Liked: 50 times
- Been Liked: 495 times
It was good when they had all the traders etc at/around the venue so you had plenty of things to do, also that pub that is now closed ( I think , not sure if it re-opened ), I seem to remember there was a bigger gap between the two games allowing you to get a nice meal somewhere other than a fast food place or pay the stupid prices inside the NIC. Like many events however the price is now set to extract the maximum profit from those attending, and they've got it wrong on the high side a few times now. It is not as good as it used to be and that is a shame.
- Jayboy
- Site Admin

- Posts: 2685
- Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:43 am
- Location: Chesterfield
- Has Liked: 88 times
- Been Liked: 736 times
- Contact:
They are losing customers and thats a fact and the simple reason is the event is a rip off in terms of nowhere near value for money for what hockey you get to see and the weekend is a complete non starter for families wanting to take kiddies etc (family Sport) and those wanting to do other things other going out on the lash for 2 or 3 nights.
I used to go every year without fail, I haven't been to one in over ten years, I can't justify the cost involved and even if I could I wouldn't pay out for me the wife and two kids for a couple of meaningful games at most...
I used to go every year without fail, I haven't been to one in over ten years, I can't justify the cost involved and even if I could I wouldn't pay out for me the wife and two kids for a couple of meaningful games at most...

- BontSteeler
- Veteran

- Posts: 1443
- Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:28 pm
- Has Liked: 240 times
- Been Liked: 170 times
For those who aren't sure/don't know the prices for the upcoming playoff weekend.
Standard Ticket Prices (includes venue facility fee):
Adult weekend pass: £114
Concession weekend pass:£94
Family weekend pass (2 Adults & 2 concessions): £388
JUST ADDED & AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE NOW: Day Ticket Prices (includes venue facility fee):
Adult day ticket: £62
Concession day ticket: £52
Family day ticket (2 adult & 2 concessions): £204
Wow, just wow.
Standard Ticket Prices (includes venue facility fee):
Adult weekend pass: £114
Concession weekend pass:£94
Family weekend pass (2 Adults & 2 concessions): £388
JUST ADDED & AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE NOW: Day Ticket Prices (includes venue facility fee):
Adult day ticket: £62
Concession day ticket: £52
Family day ticket (2 adult & 2 concessions): £204
Wow, just wow.
Thing is……With us and Panthers there it will be pretty much sold out.BontSteeler wrote: ↑Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:46 pmFor those who aren't sure/don't know the prices for the upcoming playoff weekend.
Standard Ticket Prices (includes venue facility fee):
Adult weekend pass: £114
Concession weekend pass:£94
Family weekend pass (2 Adults & 2 concessions): £388
JUST ADDED & AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE NOW: Day Ticket Prices (includes venue facility fee):
Adult day ticket: £62
Concession day ticket: £52
Family day ticket (2 adult & 2 concessions): £204
Wow, just wow.
People will still buy tickets and if it’s sells out they’ll be even more next year.
I really hope they enjoy it, but for me it really isn’t worth it.
- greeny
- Veteran

- Posts: 987
- Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:09 pm
- Has Liked: 94 times
- Been Liked: 152 times
Definately agree, it used to be more of a w/end special occasion, like said , stalls, activities going on etc, Always got a buzz when it came around previously and looked forward to it, sadly not been for a couple of years now, as it seems to be just about the games and not the whole hockey experience, shame, so will now watch from home on tvmark wrote: ↑Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:37 pmIt was good when they had all the traders etc at/around the venue so you had plenty of things to do, also that pub that is now closed ( I think , not sure if it re-opened ), I seem to remember there was a bigger gap between the two games allowing you to get a nice meal somewhere other than a fast food place or pay the stupid prices inside the NIC. Like many events however the price is now set to extract the maximum profit from those attending, and they've got it wrong on the high side a few times now. It is not as good as it used to be and that is a shame.

