GAME THREAD: Steelers v Flyers: Sat 3rd: League

The main chat area for hockey related discussion

Moderator: Mods

User avatar
KCHC
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2026 11:18 pm
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Really worrying what the combination of price rises plus lower standard of hockey could to to the Steelers this season.
It's all a bit lacklustre.
Even on the new intro VT the highest show of passion on there was Heard after his end of season fight, and obvs he's not here anymore.
I'm not a massive advocate for fighting, but there were some hits last night that needed answering and no one stepped up.
I'm not sure where this season goes...
User avatar
DimTim
Draft Pick
Draft Pick
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:18 pm
Has Liked: 10 times
Been Liked: 24 times

In the Grand Slam team we had Saucerman & Tansey if we needed fight back. Who stands up in this team? Dowd? Too lightweight?
User avatar
Clear The Zone
Draft Pick
Draft Pick
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2026 11:09 pm
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Jayboy wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 11:48 pm
To me, you could have cut and paste that interview from one of at least a dozen similar ones he has made in the last 2 seasons... Its time for Fox to leave I'm afraid... better he goes sooner rather than later for me too... :stink:
When was the last time an EIHL team did well after binning a coach after tanking early/mid season? Gut feeling is this is hardly a recipe for success. Not unless you've got some sort of mercurial coaching talent waiting in the wings that you're utterly convinced can win with a team recruited by someone you've just sacked, + 4 changes.
User avatar
smbmetal
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 2634
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:34 am
Been Liked: 726 times

Highlights if you can call them that:

https://youtu.be/1O35VXEL6kQ?is=-Tq8NYMGpXUvFP5d

Greenfield will want that 1st Flyers goal back.

Dirty Hunt taking Greenfield out and not one of our players did anything to protect him. Shocking.

I’m afraid I don’t get how the OT goal counts? Looks like the Flyers player pushed Greenfield into the goal post for me :hey:

As I’ve said before Ron Shudra is a huuuge miss on the stream.

I have seen Ron in my local area. So he’s around. He usually says hello, so I can ask him myself if we’ll see him on the stream going forwards rather than listening to any ‘spin’ from Simms etc if I ask the Ice Line.
Post Reply