GAME THREAD: Blaze v Steelers : Sun 27th : Cup

The main chat area for hockey related discussion

Moderator: Mods

User avatar
mark
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3851
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:05 pm
Has Liked: 50 times
Been Liked: 495 times

GOAAAAAALLLLL STEELERS

4-2 Dowd

Robert Dowd
(Teissala)
53:23
User avatar
mark
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3851
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:05 pm
Has Liked: 50 times
Been Liked: 495 times

Result

Blaze 4-2 Steelers
User avatar
Bryan
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1570
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:23 pm
Has Liked: 353 times
Been Liked: 205 times

A better third but a case of too little too late. I don’t remember one case of a Steeler making a hit. I’m also getting a growing feeling that too many of our newcomers don’t relish the physical side of the game. Tonight in my view not one of them made a big impact on the game. Dowd made MoM which reflects this. Balmas did his bit as usual. Brine was OK on the whole. He’s not Greenfield but he is solid. I still feel that it was absurd to allow 4 games in one week.
User avatar
greeny
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 987
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:09 pm
Has Liked: 94 times
Been Liked: 152 times

Game On

Bryan wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 27, 2026 8:03 pm
A better third but a case of too little too late. I don’t remember one case of a Steeler making a hit. I’m also getting a growing feeling that too many of our newcomers don’t relish the physical side of the game. Tonight in my view not one of them made a big impact on the game. Dowd made MoM which reflects this. Balmas did his bit as usual. Brine was OK on the whole. He’s not Greenfield but he is solid. I still feel that it was absurd to allow 4 games in one week.
yes the lack of physicality in games these days bryan is the norm unfortunately,,,, one aspect of the games which has me not getting too excited about the sport in recent times,,,,,
User avatar
lovedenisvial
Draft Pick
Draft Pick
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:53 pm
Been Liked: 29 times

Is Rockwood injured or has he been left out of the squad?
User avatar
sunnybank
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2026 12:16 pm
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 8 times

Rockwood is injured.

I’ve watched him in the games I’ve seen live, some on here had given him a hard time. But I did some research and watched him and his role as a creator. He basically got us up the ice to beat the Panties last week and in every game I’ve seen he’s a creator and his passing is great.

I feel like we might be losing him.

I know 4 games in a week is quite hard on the team, but could we just be solid?

Is there a way we can bring in some big nasty barsteweard to shut down some away games maybe.
User avatar
paul johnston
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 943
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:51 pm
Has Liked: 771 times
Been Liked: 309 times

I keep seeing 4 games in a week.
Isn't it 3 games? Weds, Saturday and Sunday.
User avatar
sunnybank
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2026 12:16 pm
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 8 times

Sunday,Wednesday,Saturday, Sunday

4 games in 7 days or 5 games in 8 days.

If this were football the little lambs would be on strike!
User avatar
MLL79
Draft Pick
Draft Pick
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2025 11:56 am
Has Liked: 254 times
Been Liked: 40 times

This isn’t a swipe at anyone’s view on numbers of of games btw, but it did make me chuckle the old joke:- “NFL players call 17 games a season, hockey players call 17 games October…”

Or something like that anyway..
User avatar
Brian
Pro Player
Pro Player
Posts: 447
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:28 pm
Has Liked: 114 times
Been Liked: 164 times

sunnybank wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:34 pm
Sunday,Wednesday,Saturday, Sunday

4 games in 7 days or 5 games in 8 days.

If this were football the little lambs would be on strike!
I think it's 3 games, a week doesn't have 2 Sundays !
Post Reply