Goal Flames
5-4
GAME THREAD: Flames v Steelers: WED 23rd: League
Moderator: Mods
- Bryan
- Veteran

- Posts: 1570
- Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:23 pm
- Has Liked: 353 times
- Been Liked: 205 times
It’s poor defending, mostly getting dispossessed and killed by breakaways. Not sure our forwards are doing their defensive jobs. Then Greenfield not under pressure puts puck directly out for another penalty.
- Doom
- Veteran

- Posts: 1802
- Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:18 am
- Has Liked: 158 times
- Been Liked: 978 times
Fair play to Guildford, they've beaten 3 of the big 4 in the past week and deservedly so.
I like Dixon, so I certainly wouldn't begrudge him any success. I suspect he'll sleep a lot better than Fox tonight.
Regards
Doom
I like Dixon, so I certainly wouldn't begrudge him any success. I suspect he'll sleep a lot better than Fox tonight.
Regards
Doom
Last edited by Doom on Wed Sep 23, 2026 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Bryan
- Veteran

- Posts: 1570
- Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:23 pm
- Has Liked: 353 times
- Been Liked: 205 times
A succession of unnecessary penalties kill any chance of recovering two goals. Then an ENG kills us off totally. A really lacklustre performance against a moderate side. First period was even, second and third clearly to Flames. We never had superiority though we were ahead three times, letting in a level up goal almost immediately each time. We just didn’t look up for it all evening somehow. Fox never seems to talk to his players. No timeout called. 7-4 is perhaps a slightly unfair representation but we didn’t deserve anything. Not really competitive.
- DSLSteeler
- Rookie

- Posts: 42
- Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2026 5:09 pm
- Has Liked: 24 times
- Been Liked: 11 times
