He always used to terrify me
GAME THREAD: Steelers v Devils: Sat 26th : CUP
Moderator: Mods
- Bandanajan26
- Lurker

- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:07 am
- Has Liked: 284 times
- Been Liked: 2 times
- Bandanajan26
- Lurker

- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:07 am
- Has Liked: 284 times
- Been Liked: 2 times
I agree Brian, I enjoyed it too. Was nice to see Brandon make up for his earlier mistake.Brian wrote: ↑Sat Sep 26, 2026 11:15 pmWell I enjoyed it. Two evenly matched teams . Greenfield probably the difference between the two. The sound system is now becoming very annoying , loud and intrusive. It kept coming on and off like a Norman Collier sketch . ( if you are too young look him up on google./ youtube )
Simmsy sounded like he was in a telephone box, under water and with a peg on his nose.
I said we were soft on X and got shot down immediately. I feel like other teams wouldn’t let us smash their players hard and get away with it. I don’t think we have a hard man that will go and get a bit of revenge and have a bit of bite.
I am still pretty new; but if it was my team I’d need a big lad to get stuck in. We miss heard for that
I am still pretty new; but if it was my team I’d need a big lad to get stuck in. We miss heard for that
- Doom
- Veteran

- Posts: 1802
- Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:18 am
- Has Liked: 158 times
- Been Liked: 978 times
Looking at the Cardiff squad, they were missing Helgesen, Kontos and Mosey.
I thought overall we just about deserved the win, but we did sit back and let Cardiff pile it on in those last 10 minutes.
The best chances Cardiff created in this game weren't from their own great play, but due to us giving the puck away when we were attacking and allowing Cardiff to break at speed.
I didn't see the game in Guildford, but I understand it was similar there.
This is something Fox needs to sort out, because we can't afford to keep having no defensive cover when we're attacking. All it takes is a turnover and the opposition get a free skate to our net.
Although Whistle was the player caught in possession for the Cardiff goal, I thought he was our best player. It's definitely a big bonus having him back. I suspect he suits Fox style hockey more than Keefe hockey.
Other positives from last night were:
Faceoffs - We were slightly over 50% against a team who are strong in this area.
Special Teams - Our penalty kill continues to excel and our powerplay scored on the one opportunity.
On to Coventry now. Always a tough barn to play in, but we've put ourselves in a very good position in the CC so let's keep it going.
Regards
Doom
I thought overall we just about deserved the win, but we did sit back and let Cardiff pile it on in those last 10 minutes.
The best chances Cardiff created in this game weren't from their own great play, but due to us giving the puck away when we were attacking and allowing Cardiff to break at speed.
I didn't see the game in Guildford, but I understand it was similar there.
This is something Fox needs to sort out, because we can't afford to keep having no defensive cover when we're attacking. All it takes is a turnover and the opposition get a free skate to our net.
Although Whistle was the player caught in possession for the Cardiff goal, I thought he was our best player. It's definitely a big bonus having him back. I suspect he suits Fox style hockey more than Keefe hockey.
Other positives from last night were:
Faceoffs - We were slightly over 50% against a team who are strong in this area.
Special Teams - Our penalty kill continues to excel and our powerplay scored on the one opportunity.
On to Coventry now. Always a tough barn to play in, but we've put ourselves in a very good position in the CC so let's keep it going.
Regards
Doom
- MLL79
- Draft Pick

- Posts: 207
- Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2025 11:56 am
- Has Liked: 254 times
- Been Liked: 40 times
First in-person game for me this year, a few things I came away with:-
- As a few have mentioned - empty seats!! I’m a 207 corner guy, and it’s a good job I don’t have agoraphobia as I could have been suffering! Same on the opposite corner, looked empty!
- Difficult watch for me, felt a very broken/choppy game somehow. I thought it was maybe just me struggling to get into it, but seems others have similar feelings.
- I liked Arnio in person, I had doubts from the webcasts but as suspected - TV doesn’t show the off the puck positional things very well. There were a few slip ups, but thought generally he and Steele look like they’re forging a good partnership.
- Forward lines lottery is back…
- Liked IBN
- Actually thought we didn’t look as potent without Rockwood, whether that’s because of what he brings, or whether it’s that the previous line combos seemed better and it’s coincidental - I’m not sure
- Wasn’t convinced by Roe unfortunately… some good stuff, some really bad stuff - hopefully he settles but not sure he’s an upgrade on Huttula.
- Liked Erkamps sticking up for Jasper - he seems a great team guy.
- If Greenfield has to get up and wave his arms in fury at the refs for all the hacking and chopping after he’s covered up - the d need to look themselves in the mirror… seems Andy Akers has been at the gloves with the superglue again…
- Our D seem to be moving in too deep from the point, we got caught numerous times with this. Seems to be a system thing where we almost form a circle - this seems to leave one position unoccupied along the offense blueline and wide open for the counter.
-Thought Jussola had a great game - probably my MotM.
- I didn’t really understand Archambault MotM (lol)
- Be interested to see our shot count as it felt low.
- The seemingly madness of putting Stucker up front bizarrely actually seemed to work lol (but you’d have to question why this is being done at this point in the season as a choice… unless there’s something I don’t know about - haven’t heard of any injuries etc)
- Gettinger - has some great touches and vision here and there - but really expected him to standout more. From the earlier games I liked him flanked by the 2 Fins - which didn’t seem to be the lines.
Overall I don’t really know what to make of things bits it’s still very early. At the end of the day - we won!
(Sorry for the late essay lol)
Cheers
- As a few have mentioned - empty seats!! I’m a 207 corner guy, and it’s a good job I don’t have agoraphobia as I could have been suffering! Same on the opposite corner, looked empty!
- Difficult watch for me, felt a very broken/choppy game somehow. I thought it was maybe just me struggling to get into it, but seems others have similar feelings.
- I liked Arnio in person, I had doubts from the webcasts but as suspected - TV doesn’t show the off the puck positional things very well. There were a few slip ups, but thought generally he and Steele look like they’re forging a good partnership.
- Forward lines lottery is back…
- Liked IBN
- Actually thought we didn’t look as potent without Rockwood, whether that’s because of what he brings, or whether it’s that the previous line combos seemed better and it’s coincidental - I’m not sure
- Wasn’t convinced by Roe unfortunately… some good stuff, some really bad stuff - hopefully he settles but not sure he’s an upgrade on Huttula.
- Liked Erkamps sticking up for Jasper - he seems a great team guy.
- If Greenfield has to get up and wave his arms in fury at the refs for all the hacking and chopping after he’s covered up - the d need to look themselves in the mirror… seems Andy Akers has been at the gloves with the superglue again…
- Our D seem to be moving in too deep from the point, we got caught numerous times with this. Seems to be a system thing where we almost form a circle - this seems to leave one position unoccupied along the offense blueline and wide open for the counter.
-Thought Jussola had a great game - probably my MotM.
- I didn’t really understand Archambault MotM (lol)
- Be interested to see our shot count as it felt low.
- The seemingly madness of putting Stucker up front bizarrely actually seemed to work lol (but you’d have to question why this is being done at this point in the season as a choice… unless there’s something I don’t know about - haven’t heard of any injuries etc)
- Gettinger - has some great touches and vision here and there - but really expected him to standout more. From the earlier games I liked him flanked by the 2 Fins - which didn’t seem to be the lines.
Overall I don’t really know what to make of things bits it’s still very early. At the end of the day - we won!
(Sorry for the late essay lol)
Cheers
