GAME THREAD: Storm v Steelers: SUN : Pre-Season

The main chat area for hockey related discussion

Moderator: Mods

User avatar
smbmetal
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 2634
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:34 am
Been Liked: 726 times

Storm are likely to beat the EIHL attendance record with this game:

https://www.eliteleague.co.uk/article/5 ... eihl-teams

Arguably, this is probably the most important preseason game of any team this season. Storm can’t really afford to get hammered or play poorly in this one, if the goal is to attract the fans back. I am certainly planning on visiting the AO arena this season just for nostalgia purposes :thumb:

I hope Brine gets the full game with Greenfield getting the full game last night. Guess if we don’t see Dowd, that’s an injury rather than any suspension? Collins also looked like he took a knock in the 3rd period. I saw him signalling to the bench to come off.
User avatar
Clear The Zone
Draft Pick
Draft Pick
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2026 11:09 pm
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 47 times

smbmetal wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 06, 2026 11:42 am
Storm can’t really afford to get hammered or play poorly in this one, if the goal is to attract the fans back.
Steeler's first game at our arena was a friendly, we lost 7-1. I think Manchester will be fine regardless of the result today.
User avatar
greeny
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 987
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:09 pm
Has Liked: 94 times
Been Liked: 152 times

Game On

Hopefully a good game to watch for the crowd,,,, some great memories from years gone by visiting this arena, storm had a great team back then, used to hate them more than any other team and would even go and watch other reams play there in hope they would beat them....
User avatar
MLL79
Draft Pick
Draft Pick
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2025 11:56 am
Has Liked: 254 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Just watching the webcast - am I dreaming or remembering wrong - but didn’t the MEN used to have seating all the way round rather than a curtain end?
Wondering if it’s just opened up to rough tickets sold/expected attendance?

It’s been a LOT of year since I was last there lol

So nice to see this happening - let’s hope it continues
User avatar
Bryan
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1570
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:23 pm
Has Liked: 353 times
Been Liked: 205 times

Oh dear Manchester don’t change. Staged fight to start with. Not necessary
User avatar
Bryan
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1570
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:23 pm
Has Liked: 353 times
Been Liked: 205 times

6 mins gone and we just aren’t in this game yet. 1 down.
User avatar
Rendo
Pro Player
Pro Player
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:42 pm
Has Liked: 148 times
Been Liked: 72 times

2 down now, decent scrap though. I'd say Erkamps won that one with more shots thrown, Jenion just wanted to hug
User avatar
heathk01
Draft Pick
Draft Pick
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:51 pm
Has Liked: 211 times
Been Liked: 21 times

I think we are asleep, especially our defence. I hope brine gets a chance to play
User avatar
Bryan
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1570
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:23 pm
Has Liked: 353 times
Been Liked: 205 times

Hard to describe how bad this is. 3 down, just not in the game. Hardly had the puck and when we have just given it away, losing faceoffs, not competing. Dreadful. Greenfield giving up rebounds all over the place. And some people were worrying the storm might get badly beaten!
User avatar
Doom
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1802
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:18 am
Has Liked: 158 times
Been Liked: 978 times

If I was Fox I'd be very concerned, because that was shambolic.

We couldn't win a faceoff, especially Rockwood.

Our passing and puck control was awful, often resulting in turnovers.

Manchester played OK, but the scoreline of 3 - 0 is more a reflection of how bad we've been.

Very poor and a million miles from a title challenging team.

Let's hope we offer a lot more in the 2nd, otherwise this could get humiliating.

Regards

Doom
Post Reply