Search found 42 matches

by DSLSteeler
Mon Oct 05, 2026 10:34 pm
Forum: Steeltalk
Topic: Is it time
Replies: 13
Views: 675

Re: Is it time

ginger wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 05, 2026 9:30 pm
a couple more weekends in a row like last one and that disappears quickly
I'm trying to not even contemplate the possibility that Clan get their act together on Saturday and turn us over, after losing their first 5 league games.
by DSLSteeler
Mon Oct 05, 2026 1:30 pm
Forum: Steeltalk
Topic: GAME THREAD: Flyers v Steelers : Sun 4th : League
Replies: 71
Views: 2395

Re: GAME THREAD: Flyers v Steelers : Sun 4th : League

Its an interesting point about the team not appearing to have the heart or desire to win. Personally I don't think its that - nobody is failing to put a shift in but the soft underbelly appears to be there. But the question is valid, does it hurt them enough when they lose? - do they care enough? To...
by DSLSteeler
Sun Oct 04, 2026 7:46 pm
Forum: Steeltalk
Topic: GAME THREAD: Flyers v Steelers : Sun 4th : League
Replies: 71
Views: 2395

Re: GAME THREAD: Flyers v Steelers : Sun 4th : League

Wow - I can't describe how disappointed I am by our failure to beat Fife twice in one weekend. They clearly are not the Fife of last season and are currently making the best of their capabilities with a certain style that is working for them. But still.... I am on holiday in a weeks time anyway, but...
by DSLSteeler
Sun Oct 04, 2026 6:46 pm
Forum: Steeltalk
Topic: GAME THREAD: Flyers v Steelers : Sun 4th : League
Replies: 71
Views: 2395

Re: GAME THREAD: Flyers v Steelers : Sun 4th : League

Third will start with almost 2 mins on PP. Let's see if we can do anything with it for a change.
by DSLSteeler
Sat Oct 03, 2026 11:26 pm
Forum: Steeltalk
Topic: GAME THREAD: Steelers v Flyers: Sat 3rd: League
Replies: 53
Views: 2116

Re: GAME THREAD: Steelers v Flyers: Sat 3rd: League

Well at least Fox didn’t focus on the OT goal controversy and called the game as others saw it.

https://youtu.be/fc4R_RQ8HDE?is=eMIQ80J7GqTqb2FY

He's right about one thing for sure - our PP stunk. 6 mins on PP and we barely had a sniff.
by DSLSteeler
Sat Oct 03, 2026 11:03 pm
Forum: Steeltalk
Topic: GAME THREAD: Steelers v Flyers: Sat 3rd: League
Replies: 53
Views: 2116

Re: GAME THREAD: Steelers v Flyers: Sat 3rd: League

Ice Hockey has a problem in this country with its communication. 8000 people went home with no explanation for the OT goal. That isn’t good enough. Sure I read somewhere, Reddit possibly, that they are mic'ing the refs up this year and are finalising getting each gaff's sound system up to speed to ...
by DSLSteeler
Sat Oct 03, 2026 10:59 pm
Forum: Steeltalk
Topic: GAME THREAD: Steelers v Flyers: Sat 3rd: League
Replies: 53
Views: 2116

Re: GAME THREAD: Steelers v Flyers: Sat 3rd: League

Brian wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 10:47 pm
We are so inconsistent I wouldn't be surprised if we win 6 -0 tomorrow!
( but I won't be betting on it ! )
We really need a result tomorrow because 1 point from a double header against Fife feels unacceptable.
by DSLSteeler
Sat Oct 03, 2026 9:39 pm
Forum: Steeltalk
Topic: GAME THREAD: Steelers v Flyers: Sat 3rd: League
Replies: 53
Views: 2116

Re: GAME THREAD: Steelers v Flyers: Sat 3rd: League

Well, what can I say - I made a last minute call to go tonight - kinda wish I hadn't bothered. I dont have much experience yet but even I can see that was piss poor. Awful face off win ratio, constant dumping, turn over after turn over from constant poor decisions, out muscled all over the ice. Just...
by DSLSteeler
Sat Sep 26, 2026 11:17 pm
Forum: Steeltalk
Topic: GAME THREAD: Steelers v Devils: Sat 26th : CUP
Replies: 34
Views: 1308

Re: GAME THREAD: Steelers v Devils: Sat 26th : CUP

Decent game tbf. Not a classic but... Hockey aside that PA system is starting to make me feel ill. My grandson was struggling tonight. He was a bit under the weather, he probably shouldn't have gone in hindsight, but he was struggling badly with the sound system and we ended up going downstairs to ...
by DSLSteeler
Wed Sep 23, 2026 9:56 pm
Forum: Steeltalk
Topic: GAME THREAD: Flames v Steelers: WED 23rd: League
Replies: 37
Views: 1752

Re: GAME THREAD: Flames v Steelers: WED 23rd: League

mark wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 23, 2026 9:52 pm
Result
Flames 7-4 Steelers
Does going empty net EVER work? I've not been around very long yet but I have yet to see it result in anything other than an ENG.